By the end of the lesson the students will be able to:
- - use paper or electronic dictionaries to check pronunciation and meaning of new vocabulary
- - classify words into categories in a mindmap
- - build one’s own vocabulary
- - make a webquest
- - use web 2.0 tools (coggle, voicethread, Onenote) to collaborate online.
- - apply different learning strategies to different learning environments
- - work in groups
- - work in pairs
stunning, renowned, pottery, blown glassware, lace, crafts, appreciation courses, tastings, gastronomic wares, culinary, scuba diving, cliffs, creeks, bays, coastline, rustic, pastoral, remarkable, amazing, unique
Task 1 : Let’s collaborate
A- GroupworkStudents make groups of 3
Choose a reporter to share their work in the group forum
Classify the words and expressions in the word cloud into the mind map they created following the model .
Instructions to be followed:
- 1- Log in to: https://coggle.it/
- 2- Create a mind map
- 3- Invite your classmates to collaborate on the mind map
- 4- Invite me in your mind map
5- Classify the words and expressions in the wordcloud into the mind map.
Every group share a link to their mind map into the forum
- 1- Visit at least 2 mind maps of the other groups. Edit your own mind map if needed.
- 2- Leave a comment on your classmates work in the forum
Task 2 : Let’s build your vocabulalry
- - Define 3 words that you choose from the wordcloud. Write the definitions in the Glossary in Onenote
- a- Use two of the words you've chosen into 2 sentences
- b- Share your sentences in an audio comment via Voicethread
- c- Challenge one of your classmates 1 (mentioning his/her name at the end of your audio comment in voicethread and inform him/her in the forum under the discussion thread.):
- to use the 3rd word in a sentence
- to share his/her sentence in a voicethread audio comment
Task 3: Matching pictures with labels:
- a- Students make a web search about Gozo, it's geographical location, the spoken language, landmarks, monuments, activities, arts and crafts, traditional dishes, etc...
b- Make sure the students get ready to present their work in the next session